Concerns About Anti-Social Behaviour – Meet The Police

Summary: Concerned about anti-social behaviour? Meet the Police on Tuesday from 5:30 pm at the play park at the end of Lime Tree Avenue, Hunts Grove.


The Parish Council has been concerned to hear from several residents now regarding anti-social behaviour over the past weeks. This was discussed at our Parish Council meeting last Monday and we have taken steps to try and help residents.

Crime and anti-social behaviour are very low in Hunts Grove, however, when it does happen, it can have a distressing impact on the people affected.

Recent anti-social behaviour has involved banging or kicking of front doors, stones being thrown at windows, and similar. This appears to be the actions of one teenager or one gang.

The Parish Council routinely meets with our local policing team and the neighbourhood warden. One of our councillors (Cllr Martyn Holmes) is our Police Liaison and contacted the policing team to express the concern of the Parish Council regarding these incidents and the concern being voiced by our residents.

As such, PCSO Rollins and PCSO MCGAUGIE will be with the Police Community Engagement Vehicle at the play park at the end of Lime Tree Avenue on Tuesday 25th January 2022 from 5:30 pm.

The Parish Council encourages residents to immediately inform the Police of any anti-social behaviour, taking evidence wherever possible with your phone camera/video, doorbell video, and CCTV. These reports enable the Police to be much more effective in understanding the anti-social behaviour, who is involved, and ultimately taking action.

Why not check out our local police page. Also, this week, we have added a page for the Neighbourhood Warden service. Links below.


Call 999 if:

  • a serious offence is in progress or has just been committed;
  • someone is in immediate danger or harm;
  • property is in danger of being damaged;
  • a serious disruption to the public is likely

Non-emergency – 101
Call 101 for non-emergency enquiries.

If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use our textphone service on 18001 101.